May 22, 2014: Six ACTTION Articles Published or Accepted Since January 1, 2014
The following six ACTTION articles have been published or accepted for publication since January 1, 2014. These articles cover a range of topics, as can be seen from their titles, and abstracts are available at the link provided at the end of each reference.
1. Fillingim RB, Bruehl S, Dworkin RH, Dworkin SF, Loeser JD, Turk DC, Widerstrom-Noga E, Arnold L, Bennett R, Edwards RR, Freeman R, Gewandter J, Hertz S, Hochberg M, Krane E, Mantyh PW, Markman J, Neogi T, Ohrbach R, Paice JA, Porreca F, Rappaport BA, Smith SM, Smith TJ, Sullivan MD, Verne GN, Wasan AD, Wesselmann U. The ACTTION-American Pain Society Pain Taxonomy (AAPT): an evidence-based and multidimensional approach to classifying chronic pain conditions. Journal of Pain, 2014;15:241-249. (abstract here)
2. Gewandter JS, Smith SM, McKeown A, Burke LB, Hertz SH, Hunsinger M, Katz NP, Lin AH, McDermott MP, Rappaport BA, Williams MR, Turk DC, Dworkin RH. Reporting of primary analyses and multiplicity adjustment in recent analgesic clinical trials: ACTTION systematic review and recommendations. Pain, 2014;155:461-466. (abstract here)
3. Hunsinger M, Smith SM, McKeown A, Parkhurst M, Gross RA, Lin AH, McDermott MP, Rappaport BA, Turk DC, Dworkin RH. Disclosure of authorship contributions in analgesic clinical trials and related publications: ACTTION systematic review and recommendations. Pain, 2014;155:1059-1063. (abstract here)
4. Farrar JT, Troxel AB, Haynes K, Gilron I, Kerns RD, Katz NP, Rappaport BA, Rowbotham MC, Turk DC, Dworkin RH. The effect of variability in the 7 day baseline pain diary on the assay sensitivity of neuropathic pain randomized clinical trials: an ACTTION study. Pain, in press. (abstract here)
5. Gewandter JS, Dworkin RH, Turk DC, McDermott MP, Baron R, Gastonguay M, Gilron I, Katz NP, Mehta C, Raja SN, Senn S, Taylor C, Cowan P, Desjardins P, Dimitrova R, Dionne R, Farrar JT, Hewitt DJ, Iyengar S, Jay GW, Kalso E, Kerns RD, Leff RL, Leong M, Petersen KL, Ravina BM, Rauschkolb C, Rice ASC, Rowbotham MC, Sampaio C, Sindrup SH, Stauffer JW, Steigerwald I, Stewart J, Tobias J, Treede RD, Wallace M, White RE. Research design considerations for proof-of-concept chronic pain clinical trials: IMMPACT recommendations. Pain, in press. (abstract here)
6. Munch M, Dufka FL, Greene K, Smith SM, Dworkin RH, Rowbotham MC. RReACT goes global: perils and pitfalls of constructing a global open-access database of registered analgesic clinical trials and trial results. Pain, in press. (abstract here)